The Monique has proven itself as the ultimate program mono ski and bridges the gap between novice and upper echelon sit-skis by increasing stability and forgiveness. Unlike most monos, the Monique has a low center of gravity which promotes a slower transition from edge to edge and is forgiving to form flaws. Riding at under a foot off the ground, it sits 3-6" lower than most monos on the market. Although it is a great learning tool, it has the capability to leave the greens behind!
A vibrant turquoise color showcases exciting improvements for the 2021 / 2022 season. The Clam Shell Seating System sees a switch to fiberglass, improved manufacturing techniques, and refined ergonomics. The result is a higher quality seating system that is substantially stiffer, skis superior, and fits better! A new adjustment system brings forth unprecedented shell support for skiers using chest restraints and provides an easy way to remember where the seat back angle was.
The Monique implements several interchangeable features from the Dynamique like seats, footrests and springs to ensure it is versatile and familiar for programs. Just like the Dynamique, the Monique can be quickly and easily adjusted to accommodate everyone from kids to adults. The Monique is available in a low frame for independent skiers or as a high frame with short handle and aid points for skiers who need additional support.
Note: Ski and binding are not included, but can be purchased separately. See the Ready 2 Ride Ski Package tab to learn more!
The Monique Mono Ski comes with a variety of choices because we feel it is important to accommodate a wide range of ability levels and unique customer needs. Below we provide some insight and general recommendations to help you with these choices.
The standard color is a vibrant Turquoise that highlights the enjoyment of skiing.
- Other common colors are available for a $100 surcharge. They include Charcoal Grey, Military Green, Destroyer Blue, and International Orange.
Desire something else? The Monique can be custom powder coated other colors for $250. Specify in the notes box and we will contact you.
- The Low Frame Style is recommended for independent skiers.
- The High Frame Style has a short U-Loop Handle so a ski buddy can aid in the lift line or flat sections of trail. It also adds aid points for skiers who need additional support.
Shock Spring Weight
- Under 155 lbs skier weight = 300lb spring
- 160 - 205 lbs skier weight = 400lb spring
- 210 - 250 lbs skier weight = 500lb spring
- We recommend programs purchase all 3 spring weights to provide as many skiers as possible the best skiing experience.
- We measure seat size by the shell width at the hips. This measurement does not include the thickness of a liner or padding. Our liners are approximately 3/4" thick on each side.
- Our new 15" size Medium and 17" size Large are currently available!
- A new 13" size Small and 19" size Extra Large are coming soon! Estimated availability is spring of 2022.
Seat Back Setup
- At 22" tall from the seat bottom, the High Back offering provides additional support for those who need it, while a relatively flatter back profile allows those who don't need it to still achieve separation without the sides digging in. It is a program conscious shape that allows one seat to better serve a wider range of individuals. The High Back has chest strap mounting provisions and includes a Limiter. The Limiter is a Velcro strap that provides a "set and forget" way to remember where the seat back angle was.
- The Basic Chest Strap is an add on for the High Back. It can be adjusted up and down 2" in height to better match a skier's needs. Combined with the Limiter the setup provides unprecedented shell support for skiers using chest restraints and allows these skiers to pressure the tip of the ski like never before with an adjustable seat.
- At 14" tall from the seat bottom, the Low Back offering is a contoured choice for skiers with enough abdomen strength. It does noes not have chest strap mounting provisions and does not include a Limiter.
- 4’1” – 5’1” skier height = Small. The Small is different in that it attaches to the upper frame with tube clamps. It must be used with the additional U-Loop. The U-Loop provides structural protection to the frame.
- 5’0” – 5’8” skier height = Medium. The Medium slides into the frame and has 4” of length adjustment.
- 5-7” – 6’3”+ = Large. The Large Begins one hole before where the medium footrest ends. Taller skiers can be accommodated by increasing the seat dump angle and tucking their knees more.
Versatile Sizing: One frame size fits everyone from 4'1" to 6'3".
Low Center of Gravity: Sitting under 12" off the ground the Monique is 3-6" lower than most modern mono skis which provides a stable and forgiving learning platform.
Suspension: A progressive linkage driven suspension provides supple initial travel and ramps up to provide extra bottom out support. We use 4” of travel to maintain a low center of gravity while still providing enough guts to explore the mountain.
A-Arm Design: We "dowel test" skis to ensure the best ski performance. The Monique dowel tests similar in both the ride & load positions. This means it’s as easy to push in the lift line as it is to ski.
Loading the Chairlift: The Monique uses the Dynamique's familiar and proven tension-ed load system that allows the skier to "sit down" on the chair. This makes loading and unloading very smooth. By moving the load components into the upper frame, we lowered unsprung weight, eliminated cables and better protected the system from snow & ice.
Sitting on the Chair Lift: The Monique moves the shock out of the chair's way allowing the skier to sit all the way back against the chairlift. The rear frame triangle naturally leans the skier back eliminating any “teter” sensation. The industry’s largest skid plate further adds to the feeling of comfort.
Clam Shell Seating System: New for the 2021/2022 season, the seating system sees a switch to fiberglass, improved manufacturing techniques, and refined ergonomics. The result is a more consistent offering that is substantially stiffer, skis superior, and fits better! The Clam Shell Seating System has an adjustable back angle which is ideal for sit skis with chairlift loading systems, programs who fit many different skiers, and individuals dialing in their skiing. A new adjustment system brings forth unprecedented shell support for skiers using chest restraints and provides an easy way to remember where the seat back angle was.
Seat Dump: Adjustable to three positions to fit your riding style. The lowest position is flatter than any bi ski on the market while the upper is similar to a Bi-Unique glove seat.
Footrest: Made of durable thermoformed plastic & aircraft grade aluminum, footrest length is adjusted along the horizontal axis. Smaller skiers maintain a low center of gravity & taller skiers do not have to worry about the footrest bucketing out. The skier's ankle angle is quickly adjustable thanks to quick release clamps.
Fore/Aft Adjustment: 3" of center gravity adjustment can be achieved through a slot at the boot.
Boot: A 325mm BSL (Boot Sole Length) aligns with the RESNA suggestion and is similar in size to many mono skis on the market.
Frame Style: The Monique is available in a Low Frame for independent skiers or as a High Frame with short U-Loop Handle and aid points for skiers who need additional support.
Accessories: Everything from outriggers to handles are available to help make your experience even better and can be found here.
See our current inventory of Ready 2 Ride Ski Packages here!
The Monique does not come with a ski and binding, but our Ready 2 Ride Ski Packages that are sold separately can help fill that need! We understand mono skiers don't need a pair of skis and we understand the unique binding needs of mono skiers. Just note you are buying a Monique / 325mm for BSL (Boot Sole Length) at checkout.
Every ski comes with a Tyrolia Freeflex Evo 20 DIN Race Binding. This all metal binding is burly and designed for the rigors of the FIS World Cup Circuit. From our research, this the best binding available today for mono skiers. These bindings come stock with an 85mm brake, but we have done the leg work and sourced 95mm and 110mm brakes for your skis. We only sell skis that have metal reinforced binding areas and every ski is professionally mounted using heli-coils and 1 ton epoxy. We take every measure possible to minimize the chance of binding tear outs. To mitigate inadvertent release, every ski is mounted with a toe wing and comes with a removeable heel block. If your mono ski is one we have access to, we will set and test forward pressure. If we don't have access to your mono ski, we'll provide simple instructions for how to do this yourself.
Note: Due to availability, your binding may look different than pictured and say Head or Fischer. While the graphic maybe different, it is the same great Tyrolia binding.
The Monique has a user weight limit of 250 lbs and is covered under our Adaptive Skiing Equipment Warranty. While similar to other sit skis, several key features make it unique. Please familiarize yourself with the manuals before use. If you do not see something you are looking for or have any questions contact us!