New for the 2021/2022 season, the seating system sees a switch to fiberglass, improved manufacturing techniques, and refined ergonomics. The result is a more consistent offering that is substantially stiffer, skis superior, and fits better!
The Clam Shell Seating System has an adjustable back angle which is ideal for sit skis with chairlift loading systems, programs who fit many different skiers, and individuals dialing in their skiing. The back angle is adjustable with M2 Ladder Straps. Every seat comes finished with M2 ratcheting Padded Strap Sets at the waist and thighs, Nylon assist handles at the sides, and a pull back strap.
The seat comes pre-drilled for mounting to the Dynamique and Monique. While predrilled for our sit skis, this is a performance seating system that can be fitted to any sit ski with flat bottom mounting! To facilitate mounting to other sit skis, two alignment holes are predrilled at the center of the seat bottom. These holes can be used as a center line reference.
Note: Some Dynamiques sold before 2017 used an 8" wide mounting pattern at the rear Seat Pivot. Unfortunately, these frames require modification and a Seat Pivot upgrades to be used with the new seating system. If you are interested, please contact us to learn more.
The Clam Shell Seating System comes with a variety of choices because we feel it is important to accommodate a wide range of ability levels and unique customer needs. Below we provide some insight and general recommendations to help you with these choices.
- We measure seat size by the shell width at the hips. This measurement does not include the thickness of a liner or padding. Our liners are approximately 3/4" thick on each side.
- Our new 15" size Medium and 17" size Large are currently available!
- A 13" size Small and 19" size Extra Large are coming soon! Estimated availability is spring of 2022.
Seat Back Setup
- At 22" tall from the seat bottom, the High Back provides additional support for those who need it, while a relatively flatter back profile allows those who don't need it to achieve separation without the sides digging into their ribs. It is a program conscious shape that allows one seat to better serve a wider range of individuals. The High Back has chest strap mounting provisions and includes a Limiter. The Limiter is a Velcro strap that provides a "set and forget" way to remember where the seat back angle was.
- The Basic Chest Strap is an add on for the High Back. It can be adjusted up and down 2" in height to better match a skier's needs. Combined with the Limiter the setup provides unprecedented shell support for skiers using chest restraints and allows these skiers to pressure the tip of the ski like never before with an adjustable seat.
- At 14" tall from the seat bottom, the Low Back is a contoured choice for skiers with enough abdomen strength. It does noes not have chest strap mounting provisions and does not include a Limiter.
- The Seat Insert is is recommended for programs and new sit skiers. It is designed to add a quick fit, comfort, and stability to the Clam Shell Seating System. The insert has a supportive EVA foam core with a durable, anti-glide, PVC and polyester cover.
- A Seat Insert is not necessary for individuals who will be pursuing more customized fitment solutions on their own.
Adjustable Dump Bracket for Dynamique & Monique
- An Adjustable Dump Bracket is required for Dynamiques and Moniques. The bracket allows the seat angle to be changed and has rivnuts so different size seats can painlessly be swapped without wrenches and loose nuts.
- An Adjustable Dump Bracket is not necessary if you are retiring an older seat for a Dynamique or Monique and plan on reusing your bracket.
An Adjustable Dump Bracket is not necessary if mounting to another brand of sit ski.