Superlite Crutches come with a variety of choices because we feel it is important to accommodate a wide range of unique customer needs. Below we provide some insight and general recommendations to help you with these choices.
Colors available are brushed, black or custom. Brushed is the most popular finish, showing scratches the least with the ability to restore them with a Scotch Brite pad and some elbow grease. Black is applied via powder coat application and has a glossy appearance. Custom colors other than black can be ordered for $75 extra.
If ordering a custom color make note in the special instructions box on the next page at checkout.
Performance Grips have a built in shock absorbing system using gel inserts. Performance Grips are not left/right specific, but do work to reduce fatigue and enable you to stay mobile longer.
Right Grips are ergonomically designed to fit the right and left hand specifically. Right Grips hold the wrist straight rather than having the wrist bend. For about 80% of those who use them, this is very positive. For the other 20%, the grips cause discomfort in the thumbs.
Endurance Grips are not left/right specific. Endurance Grips are a slim tapered grip made of a firm rubber. They are most suitable for children and adults with small hands.
We offer a variety of crutch tips to meet each customer's unique needs.
The Aventure Tip offers unmatched flexibility and a versatile, even wearing, bottom. Because of their highly flexible nature, Aventure Tips are recommended for users weighing 175lbs and less. These tips work great on tile and slippery surfaces, and have the same diameter as Tornado Tips.
The Performance Tip provides great shock absorbing qualities coupled with high quality rubber for superior flexibility, better ground control, and longer wear. The Performance Tips are our most durable offering, but they do weigh a bit more than both the Aventure and Tornado Tips.
The Tornado Tip is our most popular option. The Tornado Tip offers a great mix of flexibility, shock absorption, and durability. Designed for less-active crutch users who want a tip with great traction and durability.
Performance Rain Tips provide the same great features as the Performance Tips, but with greatly enhanced slip-resistance on wet floors. While not slip-proof, Performance Rain Tips can help to reduce the number of crutch related falls caused by wet smooth surfaces.
Tornado Rain Tips have all the same great qualities as our Tornado Tips, superior flexibility, better ground contact and longer wear, with highly improved slip-resistance in wet conditions. Tornado Rain Tips have a rain disk formula bonded over the tread making them over 300% more wet slip resistant than any rubber tip that we offer. They have excellent traction on dry surfaces as well.