Custom Titanium Superlite Outrigger Options
Superlite Outriggers come with a variety of choices because we feel it is important to accommodate a wide range of ability levels and unique customer needs. Below we provide some insight and general recommendations to help you with these choices.
- Ergonomic grips improve comfort and control by increasing support at the skier's palm. They are made of soft black rubber and are left and right specific.
- Endurance grips are made of slightly firmer rubber. They are designed to reduce fatigue and improve control. They are not left and right specific.
- For competition flip, the ski tip flips down when the string is pulled. This allows for a faster, more fluid skiing style with less resistance on the snow. This style is preferred by more advanced skiers.
- For standard flip, the ski tip flips up when the string is pulled. This allows for more stability when stopping or standing. It is traditionally used by novice skiers but is often preferred by stand up skiers as well.
NEXGen ski tips are stronger and lighter. A tapered and rockered tail reduce “chatter” at speed while an open pin design reduces the chance of snow jamming. The ski angle can be adjusted up to 15 degrees lower. You can learn more about the NEXGen of Superlite Outriggers here.
- Original tips are the Industry's number one selling ski tip and continue to be a popular choice for programs and individuals alike. They're classics!
- Ice Screws are designed to reduce resistance while skiing. We recommend these for intermediate and advanced skiers.
- Brake Claws provide extra resistance and stability while skiing. They actively break during use which is helpful for those just beginning to ski. We recommend these for novice skiers.